cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MWG Syslog: How to add MAC address to the syslog.

How to add MAC address to the syslog.

I have a specific need, because my security team ask me to add the information regarding the MAC address to the syslog.

Please let me know if this is possible or not?

Please don't ask me why they need this.

1 Reply
smasnizk
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: MWG Syslog: How to add MAC address to the syslog.

Hi @KrzysieK23 

in order to log additional information you will need a property for. Checking all available i'm afraid there is no for MAC address. For Internet traffic you usually wont have any and local address should be unique enough. Technically i don't see simple reason to log it. 

Best Regards,
Sergej

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community