cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsgmike
Level 7

MWG 7 utilize AD server for LDAP

Folks,

I currently have a MWG 7 appliance set up in my virtual lab. I also just configured another server to host my test active directory. I'm trying to configure the MWG 7 appliance to utilize the LDAP authentication method against my Active Directory. What is the best way to go about this? Are they any configuration examples? Has anyone else authenticated this way?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
metalhead
Level 12

Re: MWG 7 utilize AD server for LDAP

Hi,

the good old NTLM Agent is still working with MWG7. So just install it on a Windows member server and configure NTLM-agent authentication.

This way you also have to open a selectable port through you firewall if the MWG is placed in a DMZ. Also the MWG does not need to join the Windows domain.

0 Kudos
nsgmike
Level 7

I was thinking about going that route, basically we have a certain amount of users (around 3,000) that we want to have to authenticate every time they need to use the internet. They are going to be broken up into two differrent groups on the AD and they will each have different web sites they will be able to access.

I didnt want them being logged onto a domain and then being able browse the internet whenever, we would like them to log in.

Does this make sense?

0 Kudos
metalhead
Level 12

Why the explizit login ? Was it the same in the past ?

0 Kudos
nsgmike
Level 7

Yes. We took over the users who use to do it this way on the websense appliance.

0 Kudos
metalhead
Level 12

I would go for multiple NTLM Agents and transparent authentication if possible.

The users will love it (so you get some bonus points here with your new product if other things fail ).

0 Kudos