Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conan
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

MWG 7.8 VM - Trouble adding interface

Hello

I've run into an issue in our lab when trying to add new interface to MWG 7.8. Within ESXi, I can add a new network adapter to the MWG VM. Within MWG GUI, I configure new interface as eth3, add routes and save config successfully but when the MWG is rebooted, the MAC of new interface gets associated with eth0 and labels on the other interfaces change   ie eth1 becomes eth2 etc.

Anyone seen this problem before?  Is there something I'm missing to force the new interface to stay as eth3?

Thanks

Conan

2 Replies
mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: MWG 7.8 VM - Trouble adding interface

Hello @Conan,

this could be a normal behavior based on Linux nature:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/networking_guide/ch-co...

The interface naming scheme we use is not consistent, so there is no guarantee that same interface will get same MAC address after interface changes.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: MWG 7.8 VM - Trouble adding interface

BTW: 7.8.x is already EOL:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93330

So would consider upgrading to supported version, otherwise you will not have technical support/troubleshooting.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community