cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MWG 7.5.0 Dashboard Error

Jump to solution

I'm getting a reoccurring error in the dashboard

"An operating system error exception occurred with error message : Connection refused because the centralized updater tried to connect to the host crl.aol.com"

I'm running 7.5.0 (build 18234)

An excerpt from the logfile mwg-coordinator.errors.log:

[Coordinator]] [Update ProcessDownloadFailedBadCode] Failed to download file: 'crl/Dell%20Inc.%20Enterprise%20CA.crl', while host:'dellincca.dell.com' sent back HTTP-Code: '503' [CHTTPUpdateClient:Smiley Very HappyownloadFile]

I dont think its affecting anything performance wise, but if someone has seen this and is able to remedy this annoyance..

thanks!

K

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: MWG 7.5.0 Dashboard Error

Jump to solution

I will remove the CRLs.

Best,

Andre

17 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

MWG fetches CRL Updates for Root CAs on a daily basis. At the moment the server offering the CRL for this certificate is down.

There is absolutely no impact - you can ignore this message. It will go away automatically sooner or later, depending on the server coming back of us (McAfee) removing the CRL URL from the certificate store.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
hmuehlbauer
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

the Problem still exists how about removing the CRL URL form the certificate store? Maybe until this is fixed.

It is al little bit confusing to see weeks of warnings because of that.

Regards

Holger Mühlbauer

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

I will remove the CRLs.

Best,

Andre

haaris
Level 10

Jump to solution

Yes,All u guys are correct.

I m too using webgateway 7.5.0 & whole week dashboard showing warning same msg,its very irritating.Moreover,customer keep asking why this warning is coming???Is the internet link is ok??

Please do something for this

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

you may want to instruct the customer that a CRL error for single URLs is nothing to worry about. If the internet link fails you will definitely see more problems in the dashboard and in the user helpdesk :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

The CRL has been removed. If you still see the CRL download errors you may have to restart the MWG process in order to get rid of the error messages, as it seems MWG caches the CRLs it tries to download.

Best,

Andre

haaris
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Andre!!

How to restart the MWG process??

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Andre.

It is enough if i restart the mwg-coordinator or mwg-ui? We have a production infrastructure with 7.4.x and i won't restart all processes.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Theoretically I would expect the mwg-coordinator to be suitable. I just did a quick test where restarting the coordinator only did not help but unfortunately I don't know which process exactly is required to restart so I can only recommend to restart the complete MWG during non-working hours to definitely get rid of the alerts. Of course you could try restarting the processes one by one and just restart the core if it is ultimately required.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos