cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro.tavares
Level 10

MWG: 7.1.0.2.0

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to create error handlers to monitor partition usage so I can be alerted (email syslog or snmp) if available space drops below a specific cap. Does anyone I've accomplished this?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pedro.tavares
Level 10

Re: MWG: 7.1.0.2.0

Anyone??

Thanks

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Use a rule similar to the one already there for Cache Partition size, but instead, use the Counter of;

Statistics.Counter.GetCurrent ("FilesystemUsage")<Default>

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

Incident "22" is automatically fires if any partition uses more than 90% of the available disk space. It does not allow to specify the amount (yet), but it allows to very easily generate an SNMP Event or trigger an eMail. This can be used to alert administrators to have a look. In the Event/eMail you can probably sent the Host name, so that the recipient knows which system to look at.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I tried this and not sure if it got it right, dont suppose you have an XML file I can import and take a look at?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Lance,

certainly, I attached an example XML. It is very very simple and just performs the following:

If any partition uses > 90%, it sends an eMail which contains "Partition full - please check file system".

You certainly want to apply changes to this Rule Set. Unfortunately the "90%" threshold cannot be adjusted at the moment.

I hope it gives you some idea.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 26.07.11 02:51:32 CDT
0 Kudos

Great, looks like i was almost right thanks.  Is there a way to vary the threshold? say you want an email at 80% instead of 90% which is what the incident.id is set to.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

the 90% cannit be adjusted at the moment, unfortunately.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Ok thanks for that.  Now i have seen how your rule works i will try and do soemthing with it.  I saw an incident ID (20 i think) that reports Raid problems.  Is that accruate?  In the past we've had HDD failures on V6 and had no way to know about it.  IF V7 can reort this problem it would be great.

0 Kudos