cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MWG 6.9 Adobe Flash Download Error

When attempting to download the file from this URL - http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/install_flashplayer11x64ax_gtbd_aih.exe we get:

McAfee Web Gateway

Notification

McAfee Web Gateway Internal Error

McAfee Web Gateway encountered an internal program error while handling your request ("http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/install_flashplayer11x64ax_gtbd_aih.exe").
Please verify that your request is valid and try again.

If the error still occurs, please ask your administrator to contact the McAfee Web Gateway Support Team.

generated 21/Nov/2011:11:22:25 -0500 by webgateway (McAfee Web Gateway 6.9.0 Build 11735 - [4])

Any ideas before we open a ticket?

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor asabban
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: MWG 6.9 Adobe Flash Download Error

Hello,

it would be interesting to see if the errors log shows anything. This looks like an unusual error. I quickly tried to download the file through a lab MWG 6.9 and it worked pretty fine. I think this needs some more investigation.

Maybe someone else can try to download the file, so we can see if this issue is specific to your environment.

Best,

Andre

McAfee Employee MSchneider
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: MWG 6.9 Adobe Flash Download Error

Yep - comes through as expected here.

I suggest talking to support as these internal errors, ca come through multiple things, e.g. url filter pattern broken, library not initialized, etc....

Michael

Michael Schneider
Lead Product Manager for Web Protection
(•‿•)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center