cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MWG 2 interfaces explicit proxy setup

Hi All,

Can someone provide a detailed configuration for my set up (see attached file)

Theres an internal subnet 10.10.10.x connected to reachable to eth1. 10.10.10.1 is the client browser proxy setting which neeto go to the internet via eth0 172.16.204.115.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

Re: MWG 2 interfaces explicit proxy setup

Hi Marlon,

I don't see an attachment, however in a two (or more) interface setup you simply need to ensure that the appropriate static routes are in place. The gateway to the internet  (or upstream device) should be the 172 link and that will be your default gateway. Then if there are no other networks other than 10.10.10.0 are on that interface the interface route will be sufficient for routing. If there are other networks that need to traverse back through that interface ensure you add a static route for those networks that point to the gateway of that connection.

Example:

If it is 10.10.10.0/24 and that is the only network then no extra static routes are needed, just the default route going out the gateway of the 172 network.. (Which is what I believe your post described)

Re: MWG 2 interfaces explicit proxy setup

Hi All,

Im able to test my objective in my virtual machine. Using 2 different subnet without adding a static route. Between 2 interfaces of the MWG will autmotaticall route or connect from 1st sto 2nd interface as long the 2nd interfaces (going out) able to reach the DNS

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community