cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malware-alerts
Level 10

MCPService.exe in McAfee Client Proxy ZIP ?

Jump to solution

Was reading the MCP 1.1 documentation, on Page 14, where the instructions are provided to download and install the software we can read:

Download and install the product files

Download the McAfee Client Proxy product files from the McAfee Content & Cloud Security Portal and

install them on the administrator operating system.

Task

1 Download the product files.

a Log on to the operating system as an administrator.

b Go to the McAfee Content & Cloud Security Portal.

c Enter your user name and password, then click Login.

d Select Software | McAfee Web Gateway | Tools | McAfee Client Proxy.

e Select and save the .zip file for your operating system.

2 Install the product files.

a Run the MCPService.exe file.

b Follow the on‑screen prompts to complete the installation.

Only problem is, MCPService.exe is nowhere to be found in the downloaded ZIP file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swelsche
Level 9

Re: MCPService.exe in McAfee Client Proxy ZIP ?

Jump to solution

I am sorry. I misunderstood. Yes, thats definitely a mistake in the docs as that executable doesnt exist in the installer zip file.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
swelsche
Level 9

Jump to solution

You are probably looking for McpInstaller exe which is inside the zip under Client >> Signed_StandAlone...........

This is the MCP software that goes on the client machines (every one).

If you are planning on using ePO for the rollout and control (highly recommended), you can find the ePO packages also in that zip file you downloaded.

Here is a great article walking you through the different setups: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4996

cheers

Sven

0 Kudos
malware-alerts
Level 10

Jump to solution

Sven,

The product is already rolled-out using ePO. I was mainly asking if this was a typo in the documentation or if this file really is supposed to exist?

0 Kudos
swelsche
Level 9

Jump to solution

I am sorry. I misunderstood. Yes, thats definitely a mistake in the docs as that executable doesnt exist in the installer zip file.

0 Kudos
philiprey
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Got one question, using a manual installation of MCP agent (w/o ePO), is there also a way where we could include manually an MCP policy?

MCP agent seems to be useless unless a policy is in place.

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos
malware-alerts
Level 10

Jump to solution

Are you using SaaS ?

If so, you can create a policy in the SaaS control console and then download the installer from there. You then manually install the MCP client and it will be configured to connect to the SaaS

Other than that I don't know of a way to include policies within the installer... maybe it's similar to other Endpoint packages where a policy file can be included in the installation?

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes you can manually implement a MCP Policy. Define the policy with EPO or in Saas, MCP 1.2.0.8 (RTS Version) also has a Policy GenerationSDK included.

Just copy the Policy File to the %programdata%\McAfee\MCP\Policy directory.

Useful Links:

McAfee KB75230: McAfee KnowledgeBase -

McAfee KB74276: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74276&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

How to manually load a policy into McAfee Client Proxy (KB75230)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75230&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

0 Kudos