Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jround
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

MCP 4.1.0 client - major issue with RDP

We deployed MCP 4.1.0 this morning and since deployment RDP does not work any more (you can RDP, enter credentials but then the RDP session immediately closes)

Rolling back to MCP 4.0.0 resolves the issue

9 Replies
THoffard
Level 8
Message 2 of 10

Re: MCP 4.1.0 client - major issue with RDP

Hey jround!  What did you do to rollback?  I only have the option of the new 4.1 product?

Thanks!

jround
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

We just checked in the MCP 4.0.0 package back in to a different branch (available under Software Manager somewhere) then created a new client task to uninstall MCP 4.1.0 and a client task assignment with Immediate schedule set up to target any machines with a temporary MCP410uninstall tag (I literally just created that tag and manually applied it to all machines that reported a MCP 4.1.0 install)

Then another client task / client task assignment with install MCP 4.0.0 defined at the root of our structure (not Immediate) excluded from applying machines with the MCP410uninstall tag, once I noticed machines no longer showing a MCP 4.1.0 install I just manually removed that MCP410uninstall tag from then and they eventually picked up the MCP 4.0.0 task assignment and reinstalled that

Probably much more elegant solutions to achieve all that but it worked for us and no issues reported with RDP at all since the rollback so definetely related to 4.1.0, after spending the day thinking a Windows Update had caused the issues with it having been Patch Tuesday this week too!

THoffard
Level 8
Message 4 of 10

Thanks jround!  You must have on-prem, we have MVISION ePO and the option to client task 4.0 back is not there.  Very manual per machine, so lots of fun on a Friday!  Take care.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Same Problem here. 
Winlogon.exe Fails with error 4005

Additional if you try to logoff on an local machine, winlogon.exe crashes with the same error and you can only resolve it with hard reset the system.

We need a fix here, or the possibility to rollback from MVISION ePO.

jround
Level 10
Message 6 of 10

We also had 'interactive sign in process initialisation has failed’ errors for some users until they performed a hard restart (we would have been in real trouble had that restart *not* resolved that for our work from home laptop users as they wouldn't then be able to login and connect to our VPN for the uninstall task to be sent to their device!), so interesting to know that seems to have been related to MCP 4.1.0 too

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

I got a workaround from McAfee support until the hotfix is released.

Disable the access protection in the MCP Client Configuration policy.
Works like a charm, winlogon.exe doesn't crash anymore.

jround
Level 10
Message 8 of 10

Thanks, looks like they've released a hotfix release now too (4.1.1) so I'll give that a try on a few machines

THoffard
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Let me know jround!  I have not heard or seen anything for MVISION yet, but curious on how that reacts once installed.  Good Luck!

THoffard
Level 8
Message 10 of 10

Thanks Jucken!  We actually did some testing with McAfee on this actual "fix" short term while a long term hot fix is still being developed for MVISION ePO.  We had to uninstall ePO, then manually install 4.0 and ensure the setting was unchecked for access protection. Good Luck!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community