cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feickholt
Level 10

Looking for a property

I'm looking for a property to convert the seconds I get by using DateTime.toNumber. back to a readable Time format....

Frnak

0 Kudos
6 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Looking for a property

Hey Frank,

you can get the current time in readable format - but we don't have a property that converts epoch seconds back to a readable format.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
feickholt
Level 10

:-(

ok this is one  feature  I like to have in the final 7.6 version.... :-)

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Frank,

I have filed an FMR for this a while ago as I needed to calculate an expiration date for a cookie and so I had to turn epoch seconds into a usable timestamp within the rule engine.

May I ask for your use case? For most cases I would simply go with the timestamp, within the rule engine and for making decisions that should be fine. To print on an error template you could go with a javascript function. For logging this could be a problem - I would (for the meantime) put a script that converts the epoch seconds to a timestamp, if required.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

We'll talk next week...and also about the other SSL properties.

The ship for 762 has sailed unfortunately.

0 Kudos

I have also long wanted such an option. In fact, there are a few different opportunities with properties in the DateTime format that I'd like to see realized. I'd especially like math functions so that I can and subtract from datestamps in order to automate setting some thresholds without having to use funky work-arounds.

But alas, I know of no such properties for either of us. lol

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Wedgie,

What math functions are you looking for that aren't there?

You can do math in the criteria, but are more than capable of doing so in the events. It's a little clunky but definitly usable.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos