cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjara
Level 7

Login Page without cookie Authentication

It´s possible create a login page without cookie authentication?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Login Page without cookie Authentication

Hi gjara,

as just mentioned on the reply to your PM, there is a predefined one in the library that shold serve exactly you requirement.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

in the library there is a rule set for "Authentication Server with Login Page", but only for cookie auth. In case cookie is not desired, you can also use the client ID (time/IP based session). There is no sample (yet) in the rule library, but I will attach one to this thread.

I created it and quickly gave it a try - not 100%ly tested though, but should help to get started.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 22.09.11 09:59:07 CDT
0 Kudos
gjara
Level 7

Hello

Perfect Andre,  only last question, when close the  browser I can set the login page appears again?

Thanks again for you Answer

Best Regards

0 Kudos
shellprompt
Level 7

To achieve this, you would have to use the Cookie authentication.  without this, the Web Gateway has no knowledge that you have closed the session.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Thank you, thats right. Without Cookie Authentication Web Gateway will be restricted to the time/IP based session. As long as the session is valid, all access is granted.

This has some advantages since it will allow applications which aren´t able to authenticate on the clients PC to work.

The Cookie Authentication enabled "browser awareness". As soon as you close the browser, the cookie will be deleted from your system, and authentication is triggered again. This is not possible with the time/IP session.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
akill
Level 9

asabban  and the template  page ?, cause its not working when I use the loging page that is in the libray for cookie auth

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

can you explain what you are trying to achieve? The last response is almost a year old, so it may be outdated. Please provide some more details and we will try to help.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos