cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smalldog
Level 12

Limit Upload Speed

Hi All, i read this Whitepaper: Bandwidth Throttling in McAfee Web Gateway that Limit Bandwidth for Download is easy to config with action (continue) and events Throttle.Server(10) that download 10kbps. But Limit Bandwidth for Upload that complicate for me. Anyone here have a simple rule for upload? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Limit Upload Speed

Hello,

the throttling works on a per connection basis, so if you apply the throttle events the direction should not matter. Can you share the rules you have used for testing?

best,

Andre

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Thanks Andre, see attach file. Can you explain how it work ? In limit download speed why action is continue and throttle that depend on Throttle.Server (10) but Limit Upload Speed action maybe difference . This rule i downloaded from community https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37447

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Hi Andre, could you show me the rule that limit upload speed? Thanks!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hello,

it's all of the top 3. Each rule is limiting the upload from the client to proxy.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

as Michael stated all three rules are for limiting the speed. You can identify this when looking into the Event "Throttle.Client". This event means "reduce the speed". The rules only have different criteria, so you can have different speed limitations based on the criteria.

By applying these rules in the "Request" cycle, they work work uploads. If you would apply them to the "Response" cycle, they would apply for downloads only.

That´s all :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos