cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

now that Oracle will mark the Java browser plugin as deprecated in Java 9: when will Web Gateway finally get rid of Java?

Kind regards,

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Java

Jump to solution

At Focus the product management team for MWG informed me that they are working on a version that is java-free. However, at the moment it has the same limitations that their SaaS proxy service has with respect to being unable to configure a number of features. They didn't commit to a specific date when they intend to completely transition off of Java, but at least we know it's on the roadmap.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee MSchneider
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

Please look at 7.6.1. Still Java but no dependency on plugins/applets.

thanks,

Michael

Michael Schneider
Lead Product Manager for Web Protection
(•‿•)

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

please let me have a look at a 7.7 with no Java at all. 🙂

Kind regards,

Robert

Highlighted

Jump to solution

At Focus the product management team for MWG informed me that they are working on a version that is java-free. However, at the moment it has the same limitations that their SaaS proxy service has with respect to being unable to configure a number of features. They didn't commit to a specific date when they intend to completely transition off of Java, but at least we know it's on the roadmap.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community