cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

now that Oracle will mark the Java browser plugin as deprecated in Java 9: when will Web Gateway finally get rid of Java?

Kind regards,

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Java

Jump to solution

At Focus the product management team for MWG informed me that they are working on a version that is java-free. However, at the moment it has the same limitations that their SaaS proxy service has with respect to being unable to configure a number of features. They didn't commit to a specific date when they intend to completely transition off of Java, but at least we know it's on the roadmap.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee MSchneider
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

Please look at 7.6.1. Still Java but no dependency on plugins/applets.

thanks,

Michael

Michael Schneider
Lead Product Manager for Web Protection
(•‿•)

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

please let me have a look at a 7.7 with no Java at all. :-)

Kind regards,

Robert

Highlighted

Jump to solution

At Focus the product management team for MWG informed me that they are working on a version that is java-free. However, at the moment it has the same limitations that their SaaS proxy service has with respect to being unable to configure a number of features. They didn't commit to a specific date when they intend to completely transition off of Java, but at least we know it's on the roadmap.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.