cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snikhil03
Level 7

Issue with Authenticating with AD Users (not with Group)

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am trying to authenticate a user and give full access to the user by stopping the cycle .

It does not work when I give username .But it works when i mention the AD Group.

My Rule says

:Authentication.Username is in the list(named Full Access) then stop cycle.

I added the active Directory user in the Full Access String under String->FullAccess->UserName

Why it not accespting .Am I choosing a wrong Rule Critera Property ?

If I add a Active Directory Group unde Full Access ,it works fine .

Can someone please help.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
philiprey
Level 10

Re: Issue with Authenticating with AD Users (not with Group)

Jump to solution

Hi Nikhil,

What does the rule trace tell you about your access? It could give you the answers.

I bumped into a similar scenario as this, a user's still being blocked even with a stop cycle action.

I've checked the trace, and found that my rule's only hitting request traffic. I applied the rule to response traffic as well and all has worked fine since.

You might want to check this. If you still have problems, you could share your trace here.

Regards,

philiprey

0 Kudos
2 Replies
philiprey
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Nikhil,

What does the rule trace tell you about your access? It could give you the answers.

I bumped into a similar scenario as this, a user's still being blocked even with a stop cycle action.

I've checked the trace, and found that my rule's only hitting request traffic. I applied the rule to response traffic as well and all has worked fine since.

You might want to check this. If you still have problems, you could share your trace here.

Regards,

philiprey

0 Kudos
snikhil03
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes .Thats how it works

It worked for me when I checked responses

0 Kudos