cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Anti-Malware Engine Error

Hi all,

I've experienced an issue with the Anti-Malware engine on our WG-5500C appliance cluster and was wondering what you thought.

I have a subset of users that are accessing a shared Google spreadsheet document, which has worked without issue for the past 4-5 weeks. When the file is accessed now, however the following McAfee message is presented:

Internal Anti-Malware Engine Error

The Anti-Malware engine encountered an internal program error while handling your request and your administrator doesn't allow to deliver content without being checked for viruses. Please call your administrator with the error message below.

URL: https://docs.google.com/a/<URL>

Error Message: (14005) Internal antivirus filter error: scanning failed.

I've done a little Googling and haven't been able to find anything from the community for 14005, therefore was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the error for me? I've checked the disk space and that's fine, therefore it seems to me that the appliance downloads the file, but for some reason is unable to scan it, hence the block.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cyborg311
Level 7

Re: Internal Anti-Malware Engine Error

I had a similar issue on my MWG running 7.5.2.3. I spoke with support and when they looked at the files that failed to scan they indicated the issue would be fixed with a GAM engine update being released this week. My current engine is showing as 7001.1402.1908 and I was told it should be fixed on 7001.1403.1970, which should be already available on some later builds of the MWG.

0 Kudos

Ah, I see. I'll check my versioning when I get into the office tomorrow and report back.

thanks, cyborg311

0 Kudos

So, my appliances are now running 7001.1403.1970 and the issue remains. I may look to raise a TAC case too.

0 Kudos