cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hambridgep
Level 7

Intermittent Authentication issues on MWG 7.3.2.3.0

I'm seeing intermittent authentication issues when users try to browse the internet and they are prompted with a windows authentication box.  I'm look at the authentication logs and I'm seeing entries of problems connecting to the DCs. Examples of this are below

[28073] NTLM: Exception "socket error (errno: 104 - 'Connection reset by peer') during write operation on message socket 113" when writing data to DC [DC Name]

NTLM: Exception "socket error (errno: 104 - 'Connection reset by peer') during read operation on message socket 304" when reading data from DC [DC Name]

Does anyone have any tips for diagnosing these types of problems?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
addias
Level 7

Re: Intermittent Authentication issues on MWG 7.3.2.3.0

I'm having the same problem. but I'm using version 7.5.1

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
bwallace1
Level 9

Re: Intermittent Authentication issues on MWG 7.3.2.3.0

Hello -

"Reset by peer" implies the issue originates on the server side but unfortunately that's as much as we can tell from these messages. If you haven't already, take a look at the logs on the DC mentioned above for any related errors occurring around the time frame seen in the MWG logs. If examining the logs on the DC yields nothing, then a tcpdump done on the Webgateway filtered for port 445 is should definitely tell you more.

For details on this and other t-shooting tips regarding DC connectivity, refer to:

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4918#jive_content_id_Troubleshooting

0 Kudos