Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intergrate McAfee Web Gateway with Squid

Hi everyone!

I am configuring McAfee Web Gateway with Squid. Here is my diagram:

- Squid Cache: Version 4.8

- 3 McAfee Web Gateway Servers: Version 7.8.2.14

Our PC will point to IP address of squid to access Internet and squid will talk to Web Gateway via next-hop proxy by using cache_peer directive of squid.

I want to load-balance between 3 McAfee Web Gateway Servers when communicating with squid by using round-robin peer.

Here is my squid configuration file to do that:

#Round-Robin Cache_Peer With Mode Parent McAfee Web Gateway
cache_peer IP_MWG_Server_1 parent 80 0 name=mcwg2 no-query weighted-round-robin weight=2
cache_peer IP_MWG_Server_2 parent 80 0 name=mcwg3 no-query weighted-round-robin weight=1
cache_peer IP_MWG_Server_3 parent 80 0 name=mcwg1 no-query default
prefer_direct off
nonhierarchical_direct off

However, when I check access.log of squid, I see the following error from multiple IP client:

1574238106.334 0 IP_Client NONE/000 0 NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - HIER_NONE/- -
1574238106.334 0 IP_Client NONE/000 0 NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - HIER_NONE/- -
1574238106.335 0 IP_Client NONE/000 0 NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - HIER_NONE/- -
1574238107.335 0 IP_Client NONE/000 0 NONE error:transaction-end-before-headers - HIER_NONE/- -

I tried to tcpdump and really don't know why there are no headers on request. Anyone can help me to troubleshoot this error or what exactly meaning of this error?

Thank you so much for your help.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community