cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lstrow39
Level 7

Importing groups from AD in WR

I am trying to import my AD groups into WebReporter in order to run acivity reports off of AD group memebership. Has any one been able to do this in WebReport 5.2.0?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Importing groups from AD in WR

0 Kudos
lstrow39
Level 7

Under Directory/Advanced I have the Group Key set to memeberOf. I also have the directory feeding into the log source. When I try to search for the group with search criteria, I get no groups match search criteria. (Attachment 1) , but I am able to find all the groups when I choose "find now" without any criteria (Attachment 2).  And when I choose a group through the only way that works, It does not add the group to the filter criteria.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Because your directory type is Active Directory, the group key is assumed to be "memberOf".  However, the "group key" value is used to override that value to some other attribute on the user object, but must be a single value, like "department".

So edit your directory and leave the group key empty.  Then on your group filter you should be able to search the directory and add groups to filters.  After you save the filter, do a directory update to populate the DB with group assignments.

0 Kudos
lstrow39
Level 7

I am updated the log now. But I think that may have done the trick. Ill let you know. Thank you

0 Kudos