cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamer
Level 9

Hyper-V 2012 Support, When!

Hi Folks,

I hope read this message someone who authorized. Firstly, We appreciate your business. I had already wrote to such a threat at the year 2011 but it has remain inconclusive, as well. As a loyal customer of McAfee, we don't want to have an dedicated server/vmware server to run web gateway!!! All your archrivals is support Hyper-V Platform but so if there is any progress/workbench about these requests at your side?  AcceptOnDemand did not work because that I was registered to https://mcafee.acceptondemand.com/,but didn't reach any confirmation email or someone who contact. We don't understand this behavior! McAfee can do investment with MOVE to Anti Virus on Hyper-V but can't do another scope! Unfortunately Hyper-v are no longer available/are support, so we will have to cancel our agreement because we see no other alternative but to cancel our agreement for this issue. Please forward this message to sales/development team. We are already talk with local partners for a long time but they are unsuccessfull in this scope.

I would be most grateful if you would look into this matter as soon as possible.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Hyper-V 2012 Support, When!

I've forwarded this thread to the product manager.  I hope you can receive an update soon.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Re: Hyper-V 2012 Support, When!

Hello,

we have support for Hyper-V listed as an item for a future version.

The answer to your question why McAfee does invest in one solution but not in the other. Move lives from supporting as many virtual platforms as possible just through the nature of what MOVE is. Web Gateway focus is to be an appiances based solution with an option to deploy w/o the need for hardware, which is VMWare. Decisions like this one need to be based on good judgement and this judgement is based on factual data. To give you an example: http://hyper-v-backup.unitrends.com/hyper-v-gaining-share-vmware/ VMware's marketshare is still above 50% with others closing in. This is the reason why we added it to the plan for the product as an item to look into.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos