cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad.khan
Level 7

How to upgrade the stand-alone Web washer from 7.0.2 to 7.1

Hi ,

Can anybody please let me know how can i upgrade my appliace from Mcafee 7.0.2 to 7.1 as i have tried as per the release note but unable to do it and i am not sure how to create a repository as the server is not managed via the EPO.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ahmad

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dstraube
Level 11

Re: How to upgrade the stand-alone Web washer from 7.0.2 to 7.1

Hello Ahmad,

the upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1 is not possible via the GUI, you need to log in via SSH or directly via console access.

Once you have done that type in:

yum install yumconf-7.1.0-mwg

This command will install the new repository for MWG 7.1. Confirm the "Is this  ok [y/N]:" dialog with y so that the package will be downloaded and installed.

You have now prepared the new repository. Now you need to update, so that MWG 7.1 will be installed. To do this type in:

yum update

Confirm the following dialog again with y and the update will start.

When it's finished, you should restart the system:

reboot

Let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
angel68
Level 7

Hi Dirk,

Follow up question for your response above.  How do we update specific version.  Say, I want to update 7.1.05 and not the latest available 7.1.0.x?

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Dave,

This is not currently possible, upgrading will bring you to the latest version of the branch in question.

~Jon

0 Kudos
angel68
Level 7

Jon,

Thanks for a quick response.  Is there a way for me to manually download the correct version files and perform the update?  It is very important that we be able to update the exact version that was tested in model /test environment.

What are the aleternatives? Can you please direct me to the documentation as well.

Thanks again,

Dave.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Dave,

There is not a way to download the files and perform the update (if there was a supported way, I would definitly post it).

The only currently supported means is reimaging (download ISO, burn it, and restore from backup).

~Jon

0 Kudos
angel68
Level 7

Can I download & install the new repository this week. Then do the update next Monday.  Basically, I need to have same version on all load balanced & failover AVG.  I installed half of my appliances last Friday with 7.1.0.6. So my goal is to have same version on remainder half of the ACTs scheduled for next Monday. Thanks!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Dave,

You can install the repository whenever, that simply indicates to the OS that it should only look for packages for a certain version 7.1 (main) or 7.1.6 (controlled).

Be sure to follow the upgrade according to the release notes for best results:

Master List: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68751

7.1.0.6: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73984

Your process sounds fine, a wrench would only be thrown into the works if 7.1.0.7 was released in the time it takes to upgrade the second half of appliances. (btw, no plans to release 7.1.0.7 anytime soon)

~Jon

0 Kudos