cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to skip name resolution with mcafee web gateway

Hello,

We have 2 McAfee WG 7.8 proxy.

The first proxy do NTLM authentification from Active Directory, inject authentification headers and redirect the trafic to next hop (second MWG, not in domain membership) who make filter and authorization.

The problem, the connxion is very very slow. At least 3 or 5 minutes to have the web page open.

Please, can you help me know how to configure DNS for each MWG. We have internal DNS servers who make internal resolution and ISP DNS Server provide by Internet Provider.

I don't know wich DNS to use for what MWG.

Thank for yours feedback.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to skip name resolution with mcafee web gateway

Anyone can help me please.

Highlighted

Re: How to skip name resolution with mcafee web gateway

Hi,

I had the same issue and until now I don't understand why the Internal Proxy keep trying to do a DNS resolution for external domains while it should forward traffic to the external proxy.

I had the same setup as you: users --> Internal Proxy (For authentication and Intranet Traffic without any filtering) --> Next Hop External Proxy for (Internet traffic with filtering).

I have resolved the issue by configuring Conditional DNS Forwarding on the internal proxy:

- Use external DNS as default

- Use internal DNS for specific domains.

Hope that would help 🙂

If someone from Mcafee can give us more details about this behavior ....

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community