cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mekafir
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How to scan the compressed excel files from dropbox ?

People,

My users exchanging files with their customer through dropbox, but according to the Security manager, we cannot allow whitelisting *dropbox* URL in the Global White List.

MWG.JPG

So how to allow the scanning of the compressed files in Dropbox so that I can also get protected from Ransomware as well ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

2 Replies
eelsasser
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to scan the compressed excel files from dropbox ?

If you are using DropBox through a web browser to upload/download, then it's the same as scanning any other web site.

Turn on SSL scanning, and let the users access the category or site.

If you are using the DropBox app , there is no possible way to scan the content. DropBox app does not permit any man-in-the-middle interception. You must either whitelist it like are doing or block it entirely.

mekafir
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to scan the compressed excel files from dropbox ?

, I'm using Internet Explorer browser.

When I access other non compressed file, I can get it with no issue.

Only when trying to download the compresssed zipped file , I get:

The file you are trying to download is hosted on an untrusted website. Please contact IT Support to download the file.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community