cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidp64
Level 10

How to restrict the URL/URL category in a particular time spent through McAfee web-gateway..

Hello team,

Please help us to know,How to restrict the URL browsing/URL category for a particular time spent through McAfee web-gateway..

Scenario: I want to restrict online shopping or particular URL for some time period means 8:00 AM to 13:00 PM user unable to use that defined URL or category..but before 8:00 AM and after 13:00 PM there able to use the same.

Please provide the steps,from there I can easily achieve my solution.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
7 Replies
davidp64
Level 10

Re: How to restrict the URL/URL category in a particular time spent through McAfee web-gateway..

Any 1 help

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Re: How to restrict the URL/URL category in a particular time spent through McAfee web-gateway..

Hi,

this should be done easily. There are properties available for Day, Time and so on.

Take a look into the MWG Help and search for properties. There you will find anything what you need. :-)
I have no access to the MWG GUI in the moment, o i cannot send you more details.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

0 Kudos
davidp64
Level 10

Thnku so much Troja..

If you have MWG GUI than pls share some screen capture or step instructions.

Always thankful for your help

----David

0 Kudos
davidp64
Level 10

I m waiting for your update..

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi ,

enclosed a screenshot. The properties you need are starting with DateTime.

MWGTimeProperties.PNG

Hope this helps,

Cheers

0 Kudos
davidp64
Level 10

Hello Troja,

Thank you so much for your wonderful update..

But i had created a rule for the same to restrict some URL Categories in specific time interval and that is very simplest way.This is working fine.Time.PNG

----Thanks

David

Troja
Level 14

Hi ,

i´m glad to hear this. Just one hint. If you are blocking URL categories you can remove "Response" and "Embedded Object" Cycle. Activating the rules in Request Cycle is the best Option.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos