cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to omit anti-malware scanner for office and PDF files?

Hello, I need to create a rule in the MWG that makes the anti-malware omit the scanner for Office and PDF files ... can anyone give me guidance on how I can do it?

I'm trying to do it like this but it does not work ... 😞pregunta.PNG

3 Replies

Re: How to omit anti-malware scanner for office and PDF files?

Hello Gabriel,

I don't see any issue if the ruleset behind is the antimalware. The list you added is also correctly filles with all the media types which you want to bypass?

Cheers,

Chris

Hello Homeuse

If both things are correct, the rule is set in the Anti-Malware ruleset and yes, the list has added the types of files that I want to skip .. but it does not 😞

Highlighted

Hi Gabriel,

Have you checked the rule tracing to see the media type the web gateway is detecting?
In general the rule tracing should give you all the information needed to see why the rule is not being applied.

Best
Steffen

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community