cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bperez
Level 10

How to make a real time monitoring of Web Gateway 7.0.1.4 in Web Reporter

Hi

We have a Web gateway connected to a web reporter and sending logs in a daily manner, but we need to monitoring in real time, how can i send the logs in real time to a web reporter?, somebody has a step by step procedure?

Regards

Bernardo

El mensaje fue editado por: Bernardo Perez on 16/12/10 01:17:01 PM CST
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nsgmike
Level 7

Re: How to make a real time monitoring of Web Gateway 7.0.1.4 in Web Reporter

You can change the push interval to 1 hour. That way you are getting new logs every hour instead of daily.

0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Is very important to integrate that real time monitoring in the web reporter or something else, we have the need to review which clients are consumming the bandwidht, but we need to see in the same reporter we are aquired from McAfee. Regards.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

there are different ways to integrate Data from MWG into splunk like SNMP (snmpget or snmpwalk).The infos then are processed by Phyton Scripts

But i´m not responsible for splunk within our company. I habve to ask my co workers.

Best Regards,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Take a look at the screenshots. It´s made by splunk. This ist not possible with splunk.

You can choose if you want to view only one cluster node or a summary over all cluster members.

0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Hi Thorsten

Interesting snapshots, exist a way to see how many bytes are transfering by client, like in the web reporter?

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

if you are looking for some features which are not covered by McAfee Web Reporter take a look at splunk.

Today we are integrating MWG 7 into splunk. There it is possible to take a look how many live connections are on your appliance, Requests per seconds, percentual usage of your mounting points and much more information.

cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Hi Thorsten

Its a great notice of christmas day!!! jejeje, i am using Splunk to monitoring in a lab environment another windows server, but how can i connect or send info? it will be via snmp, or exist another way to collect data in real time?

0 Kudos