cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maitane
Level 7

How to import an excel filter table to Web Reporter´s database

Good morning.

We currently have a production environment with about 800 subnets we need to monitor.

We would like to create a filter for each of the subnets.

Is there any way to avoid having to create filters one by one? I mean, can we import an excel sheet to Web Reporter´s database to create them all at once? ¿In which of the database table are recorded the filters created in the Web Reporter?

We´re currently working against an external Microsoft SQL server 2003 database.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: How to import an excel filter table to Web Reporter´s database

Sorry, there is no way to bulk create filters. They will need to be added in the usual way.

0 Kudos
maitane
Level 7

Okay thanks, but, does anyone know in which of the tables of the database are the filters indexed?

We intend to import to the table of the SQL database the excel that contains the subnets we´re working with. We want to work directly over the SQL database to index in the filter´s table all these subnets.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Sorry, I completely understand your situation, but it's not going to work and isn't supported.  There is much more involved than modifying a table in a database. Filters have references to other things such as owners, sharing permissions, reports, etc.  If you go ahead with your plan, you will be using an unsupported configuration.  Even if you don't experience any problems right away, they could occur in the future, such as after an upgrade.  If you try to escalate issues to support, you will be instructed to reinstall and start from the beginning.

I do empathize with your situation because I know it can be very tedious to manually enter all the filters, but it is the only solution.

0 Kudos
maitane
Level 7

Sroering, thanks very much anyway for your time and help.

Best regards.

0 Kudos