cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralzaga
Level 7

How to generate Webgateway version 7 license

Hi,

I am new to Webgateway. I purchased a webgateway with a software version 7. I activated using the activation ID to extranet.webwasher.com  but when I look into the purchased license page https://contentsecurity.mcafee.com/purchased_licenses ther was no license appearing. Is there anything I need to do to have the license I purchased?

2.) I registered the webgateway to my Active Directory and it successfully created an account. Our setup is an explicit proxy, when the users try to login using their domain account the rules of the webgateway were successfully implemented but when they logged out and logged in again the rules are all bypassed.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: How to generate Webgateway version 7 license

Private mail me your name, email and company information and i can look up your licensing information.

My guess is you started with an extranet account for an evaluation and  purchased afterwards. It is likely a new extranet account was created for the purchase and you don't have the logon information. I can look that up.

Email me at Erik_Elsasser@McAfee.com

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

the activation will provide you with an evaluation license only. The idea of this temporary license is that you can start working while you are waiting for your final (purchased) license.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ralzaga
Level 7

Hi,

I would like also to ask if  where do McAfee counts its license usage as used liI know that it is per seat but what is the basis, is it per ip address? per account?.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

This is a question, I would encourage you to ask your reseller or McAfee account representative as it can be contract dependant. The definition could be bound to the contract between McAfee/the reseller and your organization and therefore might be a trade secret.

Furthermore, I encourage you to read the EULA, which is linked from the product's UI. It clarifies this topic in sections 2 and 3 generally.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos