cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an CSR Report that matches to a special Category ?

Dear Community,
i am trying to setup a reports that shows all the URL that were used within the URL Category "Media Sharing" - the issue is that CSR offers 4 different Fields for the Category Information - i never know if the Category "Media Sharing" will appear in Category Information 1 or Category Information 2, 3 or 4. It´s also not possible to build a relation between those Filter Groups - so i can´t work with "or contains"
do you have an idea how to solve this issue ?

Best regards

Oliver

3 Replies
McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to create an CSR Report that matches to a special Category ?

Hello Oliver,

I had contacted an colleague from development team and got a reply. He forwarded me a mail thread which includes a support ticket with almost identical description. So I guess it was you.

Also if you have received the reply in a ticket, I will answer here for documentation purpose.
Would be nice if you can mark this as resolved/closed afterwards.

Regarding the question, there is NO "OR/AND" filter available when doing the filtering for queries.
The ONLY option for now is to use a "negate" but this is absolutely not recommended!!
Example: if you have 10 categories, you need to add 9 negate to each category, i.e. "does not contain" and so on. This will definitively have an impact on performance.

Regards,
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

You should be able to run the CSR report with Category 1 = "Media Sharing" or Category = 2 "Media Sharing", etc.  The reason for this, as I understand it due to the multiple categories a url could be in.

docs.google.com is categorized as follows (as of today):

- Personal Network Storage
- Interactive Web Applications

Category 2 = Interactive Web Applications in this case, so running the report looking for category 1 as interactive web applications would fail.

Is that what you were looking for?

McAfee Employee mkutrieba
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

@AaronT 

my first response is already the information from engineering team.

"OR" operator in this case is not available, means you cannot build this logic which the OP wishes to have. Since you never know on which of the 4 positions the needed category is, it is not possible to create a query like this.

Internal SR was closed with status PER (Product Enhancement Request).

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community