cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haaris
Level 10

How to create a User-defined Category in Webgateway

In Webgateway there are different URL categorise like business,Software/Hardware,Banking etc.,I want to create a user-defined category where I can add some URL category according to my client need and use it multiple times in different ruleset.

I have seen an option in categories but  i dont know how to use it.

Please guide me for the same

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: How to create a User-defined Category in Webgateway

Go into the settings for the URL Filtering engine and use the extended list feature in there.

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

I have created the category as mentioned by you,but i m confuse how to use it in the rule.I have attached the screenshot to explain you so that u can help me..

There is one rule named Risk_Management in the screenshot in which there is a line URL.categories<Default>at least one in list Risk_Management_Category_Allowed.In Default we will select user-defined category that we created in URL filtering engine but after at least one in list  what

we will use in Risk_Management_Category_Allowed???If u want more information i can provide u..

Category-rule.jpg

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Can anyone explain me with example so that I can understand how to use it in ruleset

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

I think you are on a good track... basically what you do is:

- Take the URL (for example "mcafee.com")

- Put it into an extended list item like this: mcafee.com -> User-Defined-Category-100

- Configure the extended list to be used in the URL filter settings, as you described

From now on when someone accesses "mcafee.com" the category is no longer "Software/Hardware" but "User-Defined-Category-100". So your rule could look like

If URL.Categories at least one in list <My List> Then Stop Rule Set

In "My List" you add the category "User-Defined-Category-100".

So when someone accesses mcafee.com the URL filter lookup will result into "User-Defined-Category-100". If this category is in the list "My List" it will match the rule and the selected action is executed.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Thanks a lot Andre..

Your Information really helped m and I am able to create the rule and it works fine. .

Just want to confirm can we change the name of user defined categories

Thanks once again for your support

0 Kudos