Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrotik
Level 10

How to connect/add Multiple MWG 7.5.2.4.0 in the same GUI

Jump to solution

Greetings!

Dear Friends,

I am reading MWG guide P# 273 regarding adding multiple appliance in same GUI. I want 2nd appliance to be configure from 1st appliance via same GUI but having error while adding. Do i have to configure something in 2nd appliance too? Please find the attached picture..

Thank You!

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
feickholt
Level 10

Re: How to connect/add Multiple MWG 7.5.2.4.0 in the same GUI

Jump to solution

I think you've mixed some things....

Entering the second Node within the CM you are no longer able to connect to both servers.

One Node will become the master and as long as any user is connected to one Proxy all others connections must be the same.

You can configure both proxies from one maschine. There is no need to connect to the other one.

Also the policy on both proxies will be the same.

If you like to use different policies and CM together you have to define a toplevelruleset for each proxies with a criteria like

if system.hostname equals GW1 for the first ruleset and if system.hostname  equasl GW2

Then all rules within this toplevel ruleset will only be used on the defined proxy.

Frank

8 Replies
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

Got a solution.

We should add each appliance IP Address with port in Central Management specific for each MWG itself.

Thanks to Troja

But the session has been disconnected in 2nd appliance. Is it possible, the 2nd appliance session should remain connect?

Best Regards,

Irfan Naseer

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Any update?

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Any update?

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Any update?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

I've the answers remain blank in here, it might be best to log a support case, which is what I suggest you do.

The issues seems to require some more debugging and analysis. Out support team will certainly be happy to assist you!

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

You didn't answer till 4 days by just saying to log a support case?

THIS IS GREAT!

I am going to contact support.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
feickholt
Level 10

Jump to solution

I think you've mixed some things....

Entering the second Node within the CM you are no longer able to connect to both servers.

One Node will become the master and as long as any user is connected to one Proxy all others connections must be the same.

You can configure both proxies from one maschine. There is no need to connect to the other one.

Also the policy on both proxies will be the same.

If you like to use different policies and CM together you have to define a toplevelruleset for each proxies with a criteria like

if system.hostname equals GW1 for the first ruleset and if system.hostname  equasl GW2

Then all rules within this toplevel ruleset will only be used on the defined proxy.

Frank

mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks feickholt

Best Regards,

Irfan Naseer

0 Kudos