Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHIV
Level 7

How to configure Webwasher 6 and WebGateway 7 in Proxy HA

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is Shiva, any one have idea about the How to configure Proxy HA mode bitween WebWasher 6.X and WebGateway7.x

Please help out me in this.

Regards,

Siva Prasad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: How to configure Webwasher 6 and WebGateway 7 in Proxy HA

Jump to solution

Are you asking how to have both MWG6 and MWG7 sharing a single shared Virtual IP address for their clustering?

Describe what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Moved this thread out of Consumer Support feedback to the appropriate product forum 'Web Gateway (formerly WebWasher).

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

Are you asking how to have both MWG6 and MWG7 sharing a single shared Virtual IP address for their clustering?

Describe what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
SHIV
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Erik Elsasser,

Yes I am asking how to have both MWG6 and MWG7 sharing a single shared Virtual IP address for their clustering?

One of my customer using  MWG6 and recently they brought MWG7 Appliance; So how to configure Clustering between both the appliances.

Can you provide me what are the steps i need to follow for that.

Regards,

Siva Prasad

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

That's what I thought you meant.

Version 6 can only cluster with identical version 6 appliances, and version 7 can only Proxy HA with identical version 7 appliances.

There is not ability to mix them. They are using two different methods for each version.

0 Kudos
SHIV
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Erik Elsasser,

Thank you very much for need full information

Can you please give me clear idea about this?

Currently My Customer using MWG6 Appliance with 6.8.5 version ; For High Availability purposes they ordered one more appliance with existing license only.

For that we charged the New Appliance Main tense cost only and not charged for any new license.

So they received the New Appliance with MWG6 (6.8.5 Version) Media only. We thought that existing license of MWG6 applicable to MWG7.

So that is reason we reinstalled the New Appliance with MWG7 Vision, and  want configure both MWG6 and MWG7 Appliances in High Availability Mode.

That exiting license can applicable to MWG7 Version?

Can we go ahead with MWG6 version itself for configure the both Appliance in Proxy-Clustering?

Is there any possibility to get the license of MWG7 Version with Valid Customer Grant Number ?

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

Yes.

All valid version 6 customers can get a version 7 license if they contact Customer Service and request it.

0 Kudos