cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpark
Level 7

How to configure WCCP on Web Gateway, when the customer is using "web-cache" which means Service ID is "0"

Hi team,

The customer configured Service ID “0” via web-cache.

How can we configure it on Web Gateway in that case?

Thanks,

Jungsu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: How to configure WCCP on Web Gateway, when the customer is using "web-cache" which means Service ID is "0"

You should just be able to change the service defined on the gateway from the default of service 51 to service 0.

If you use service 0, that will only intercept port 80. You must remove port 443 fromt he port redirection.

Service 51 is chosen for a specific reason. That is the first dynamic service number to allow the proxy to specify what port numbers you want to proxy. Otherwise, you must define it directly in the ACL.

If you use a service number from 51-98? (i think) then the port numbers defined on the proxy are communicated to the router/firewall thru the protocol itself and you don't have to hard-code the port numbers into the ACL.

0 Kudos
jpark
Level 7

Re: How to configure WCCP on Web Gateway, when the customer is using "web-cache" which means Service ID is "0"

We can't configure Service ID as "0" on Web Gateway 7.0.

only from 1 to 999, numeric is acceptable.

that means, the customer has to change configuration on router?

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

huh. I see.

Yes, it looks like you cannot use service 0 because the GUI does not allow it.

Then I would create a new service on the router for service 51, which is our default.

0 Kudos