cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericklans
Level 9

How to configure MWG 7.x virtual appliance in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode?

Hello Evereybody!

Please, give me step-by-step or video guide how to configure virtual MWG in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode.

I deployed MWG on ESXi 5.0. The server have 2  interfaces.

Note:  Moved from Moderation Queue.

14 Replies
shubham87
Level 9

Re: How to configure MWG 7.x virtual appliance in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode?

As per my understanding, Virtual MWG appliance cannot be used in Transparent mode. You can refer product documentation for the same.

Thanks

Shubham Arora

Message was edited by: shubham87 on 8/21/12 4:41:50 AM CDT
0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Re: How to configure MWG 7.x virtual appliance in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode?

Hello,

starting with 7.2 all transparent modes are supported in virtual environments. The steps for physical/virtual environments are identical and described in the product guide.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
shubham87
Level 9

I have attached screenshot from MWG 7.2 product guide which says that In case of Virtual deployments, transparent modes are not available.

Please correct me if I am missing something.

MWG_7.2.jpg

Thanks

Shubham Arora

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

It looks like the documentation needs to be corrected. I talked to product management and transparent modes are tested and supported with MWG > 7.2. Feel free to move on setting up transparent modes on VMWare.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
shubham87
Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

If possible, please pass on this to the concerned team to make necessary changes in the documentation and revalidate the content.

Thanks

Shubham Arora

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

I already forwarded this to the documentation team. The guide will be corrected :-)

Thank you!

Andre

shubham87
Level 9

Hi,

How long does it normally takes for any update in documentation?

I can still see the same document on Mcafee Website.

Thanks

Shubham Arora

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

usually the guide is updated with the next update of the product. Changes to the documentation are a pretty long process, since there are a couple of teams involved. It will take a while until an updated document is available.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ericklans
Level 9

Hello All!

Please, give me STEP-by-STEP guide or video guide how to configure virtual MWG in Transparent Bridge or Router mode.

I deployed MWG on ESXi 5.0

0 Kudos