cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: How to configure MWG 7.x virtual appliance in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode?

ericklans wrote:

Hello All!

Please, give me STEP-by-STEP guide or video guide how to configure virtual MWG in Transparent Bridge or Router mode.

I deployed MWG on ESXi 5.0

Tested Transparent Router mode with this doc.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/163116-7165/Configure%20Transparent%20Rout...

Testing Transparent Bridge mode with this doc.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/180433-15708/Transparent-Bridge-Settings.d...

Message was edited by: anirajstha on 1/16/14 8:29:49 AM CST
smalldog
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

Re: How to configure MWG 7.x virtual appliance in Transparent Roter or Bridge mode?

Dear All,

Do you show me steps to config on vmware? How to bridge two interface together? Mode Promicious? I follow steps above and success with physical appliance but on vmware that didn't work.

Thanks,

Smalldog

Hi! I have same problem. Engineer McAfee sent me next information:

"Please change your bridged interface name to ibr0 and reboot the appliance to take effect. Engineering confirmed that br0 wont work."

Use Promicious Mode “Accept” for each Virtual Machine Port Group VM MWG. All work fine.

Can any one please suggest how to configure ESXi 5 with 2 physical Nics for MWG transparent bridging mode?

Thank you very much in advance.

Niraj

Message was edited by: anirajstha on 1/16/14 8:12:46 AM CST

The bridge mode seems to be working now.
The only weird problem is that the mwg-ui dies as soon as both the physical nics are connected and I'm not able to connect to MWG UI where as the web pages does open and does get filtered as it should.

At console:

/etc/init.d/mwg status.

Rest process seems fine except

mwg-ui dead but pid file exists

Ring any bells anyone..

I'll be happy to share the configurations once I resolve this latest issue..

Message was edited by: anirajstha on 1/16/14 8:15:43 AM CST
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator