cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad.khan
Level 7

How to Schedule a aotumated backup in Web Gateway 7.0

Hi All,

Currently i am using Mcafee web gateway 7.0 in my organization and i want to schduled the backup so that everyday at 5.00AM it should run automatically . So i have created a service request with my platinum support  whereas the mcafee support team is saying it is not possible through the 7.0 because the scheduled backup job option is not available in the web console.

Any help would be really appreciated on this as crrently i am not able to make this as automated.

Thanks

Ahmad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: How to Schedule a aotumated backup in Web Gateway 7.0

This can be done with 7.1, which has been released yesterday.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ahmad.khan
Level 7

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your swift response,

can you please let me know if i will upgrade it to 7.0.1 then is there any way i can roll-back it to previous verison , If the answer is yes then i would like to go through the procedure to do it.

Thanks

Ahmad

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Ahmad,

downgrading from 7.1 back to 7.0 is not a supported process. You need to create a backup from the running MWG installation. In case you need to move back to the old version, you need to re-install the appliance with the appropriate ISO and restore the backup. If you are unsure about the 7.1 I would recommend to install this version on a test environment first, before rolling out to the users.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos