cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landreoli
Level 9

How resolve skype to skype calls through Web Gateway

Hi to all,

in the middle of september skype to skype call has stopped to function, after importing the Rule Setes "Bypass Microsoft (Office 365) Services" despite imports we are no longer able to make Skype to Skype calls...but the chat works correctly.
So the import has solved the problems with Office 365 but not the calls from each client Skype...

Does anyone know how to fix advise?

Thank you

Luca

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: How resolve skype to skype calls through Web Gateway

Luca,

for skype you will need its own ruleset to allow skype through your proxy, like those example below.

Simple ruleset

https://community.mcafee.com/message/296189

Complex setup

https://community.mcafee.com/message/344138

In case you still have issues please check rule engine trace for possible blocks and authentication issues. Another possible root cause could be an outdated skype version.

-Sergej

0 Kudos
kschwarz
Level 8

Dear Luca,

Can you please check if you have the same issue with older Skype versions? There are known issues for current Skype version in the call functions with (any) proxy.

Kind Regards,

Katharina

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Hi Katharina,

at the moment we have the same issue with different Skype version (tested 7.25.0.106 and 7.29.80.102) do you have any suggestion to resolve this issue?

unfortunately I have not had a chance to try the suggestions  of serjei...

Kind Regards

Luca

0 Kudos
kschwarz
Level 8

Hi Luca,

I am aware of version 7.15 is working, if only the call functions are not working with the newer version, I assume that this is the issue of the Skype version and we cannot do anything on Proxy side.

As Skype has been working for you previously, I assume that the rulesets are correct.

Kind Regards,

Katharina

0 Kudos