cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klara
Level 10

How can I Failover the Central Management?

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm Keila.

I'm having a problem with Central Management; I have two Web Gateways ver 7.3.2 in Central Management.  the problem is when the Director or the Web Gateway with high priority goes down I lost the Management for the other Web Gateway, Do exist any way thay we can configure Failover (without the Proxy H/A) for this management issue?

What I want is that when the primary Web Gateway goes down, I don't miss the administration for the other Gateway?

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
btlyric
Level 12

Re: How can I Failover the Central Management?

Jump to solution

Does the GUI still think that there's a management session attached to the previous node you were using for central management?

If that's the problem you should be able to SSH into the box that you want to use and issue the command:

service mwg-gui restart

After that, you should be able to connect to that node and manage it and the rest from there.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pbrickey
Level 11

Jump to solution

With central management, this is automatic. You can log in to the GUI from any node in the cluster. Simply log in to the node that is not down. Once the down node comes back up it will sync autmatically with whatever node has the newest configuration.

Also: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4823

Edit: Are you perhaps referring to Proxy HA? Is it that the backup node is not taking over the VIP/Traffic when the director goes down? Or is there some other problem

-Patrick

Message was edited by: pbrickey on 2/6/14 4:39:29 PM CST
0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Well my problem is when the Director Web Gateway goes down, I lost the others nodes GUI. I just can't access the others node, the only access I have is by SSH.

I don't want to configure Porxy HA,  I just want that i can access my others node when the primary goes down.

Thanks a lot for your support.

0 Kudos
btlyric
Level 12

Jump to solution

Does the GUI still think that there's a management session attached to the previous node you were using for central management?

If that's the problem you should be able to SSH into the box that you want to use and issue the command:

service mwg-gui restart

After that, you should be able to connect to that node and manage it and the rest from there.

0 Kudos
klara
Level 10

Jump to solution

thanks a lot for for your help

0 Kudos