cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozz
Level 7

How I can test Transparent Router with multiple VLANs ?

Jump to solution

Hello all!

Please, How can I deploy MWG in Transparent Router mode in next network scheme?:

Laptop (VLAN2)

/

Internet <--->TP-Link router <----->MWG<-----> Switch <-----> Laptop (VLAN3)

\

Laptop (VLAN4)

If I can use this scheme, please provide me example (with IP) how to deploy in Transparent Router mode?

Can one internal NIC handle multiple VLANs using IP aliasing or any other type of  config. must be done ?!

Thanx,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: How I can test Transparent Router with multiple VLANs ?

Jump to solution

Hi Odai,

the truth is... you can't unless the switch would do a port based VLAN. Taggin is not supported in MWG.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Odai,

the truth is... you can't unless the switch would do a port based VLAN. Taggin is not supported in MWG.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

So !? am I obliged to define an NIC for each VLAN ?! (i.e. 3 VLANs & 3 NICs defined on the MWG ) ?!

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I confirmed that point with the Network admin,, and Port-based VLAN is done on the switch ( packets received on a port will be transmitted through the available VLANs )
even though the MWG could only handle one VLAN (the one with same defined interface)

any suggestions !

0 Kudos