cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozz
Level 7

High Availability- Virtual Machine

Jump to solution

Is doable and reasonable to configue two McAfee web gateways as Virtual Machines in HA mode working in the same Host (same ESX server) ?!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: High Availability- Virtual Machine

Jump to solution

I don't see good reasons why you want to do that. As you mentioned, when the hardware fails, both systems are gone. It will only help if (for whatever reason) one of the virtual machines hangs up while the other remains running. Anyway it would make sense if high availablity is required to have more than one physical hardware.

Best,

Andre

4 Replies
akill
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes could be good, remember that the MWG HA do a load balancing of the web traffic and that maybe will help you in your implementation

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK, But what if the Host machine has stopped working accidentally..then we will lost the HA functionality.

Thank you

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

I don't see good reasons why you want to do that. As you mentioned, when the hardware fails, both systems are gone. It will only help if (for whatever reason) one of the virtual machines hangs up while the other remains running. Anyway it would make sense if high availablity is required to have more than one physical hardware.

Best,

Andre

ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you,,

that what I was looking for

0 Kudos