cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwp747
Level 7

Google Earth will not launch

Hi,

We just recently installed MWG  (7.3.2.8) and I am in the process of testing applications for role out to our user base.  However, I cannot get Google Earth to launch.  Initially when installing Google Earth, I was getting prompted for credentials.  We got around that by bypassing User-Agent for Google Update*.

However, when I try to launch Google Earth from my desktop, I get a pop-up...."the URL http://kh.google.com:80/ does not appear to be valid, or the server may be temporarily down."

If I change my proxy to our old proxy...it works fine.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Randy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Google Earth will not launch

Hello,

I just installed Google Earth and it works fine through my MWG installation. Can you maybe share a screenshot of the error you are encountering as it may help to understand what is causing the problem?

Thank you,

Andre

0 Kudos
rwp747
Level 7

HI Andre,

I don't see any errors in MWG itself.....which is strange (perhaps its a FW issue on our end, although the FW team indicates they don't see anything).  When I launch GE from my desktop I get this error.  When I change to my old proxy it works fine.

Google Earth Error Connecting.JPG

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

can you check what happens when you go to http://kh.google.com with your web browser? Do you see any MWG error page?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
rwp747
Level 7

Hi Andre,

I don't get any MWG error, just Google 404.  The requested URL/ was not found on this server.  That's all we know.

Thanks Randy

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hmm strange. I played around with blocking several URLs the Google Earth App is calling, but wasn't able to replicate the exact error message. Probably the best approach will be to contact technical support and attach a feedback of your MWG installation, so that they can easily import your policy and replicate the issue. I don't have a really good idea since the usual issues like authentication and SSL Scanner do not cause any trouble for me when trying to launch Google Earth.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
rwp747
Level 7

Thanks Andre,

I have engaged a technical resource to assist.  Appreciate your assistance.  I will also update this discussion once we determine the issue.

0 Kudos
rwp747
Level 7

Took me a while to figure it out (still learning).  Erorr was in our proxy pac....missing a semi-colon so Google Earth and Chrome could not parse the pac file correctly.

Updated the pac file and all is good.

0 Kudos