cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started :)

Hello everyone,

I am starting to learn McAfee Webgateways and the administration thereof, which will help me add another string to my bow within the company I currently work for. That being the case I was wondering what you would recommend I read/get a hold of to best help me achieve this goal.

Apart from navigating around the v7.3 GUI and setting up domain membership and clustering I've not done too much, therefore as a starter I was hoping to get a hold of a guide that would assist me in Rule creation, i.e. copy the companies standard user policy, but also add on top of that access to Facebook & Twitter, which normally wouldn't be granted. I have been scouring the internet for such a guide but haven't had much luck.

Any tips/links would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: Getting Started :)

Attached is a backup of a starter policy i've been working on.

It contains a sample policy for almost all of the features of MWG, including the exception use-cases you describe, plus a whol lot more.

DO NOT RESTORE THIS BACKUP ONTO A PRODUCTION MWG. It will overwrite the entire policy.

It is meant to be loaded onto a freshly imaged 7.3.2.3 or above appliance or VMware guest. You can then configure your specific settings.

You can then inspect the policy and duplicate the logic on on your production environment, or export rules an import them into your environment.

None of the policy has been vetted or approved by support, use at your own discretion.

on 1/5/14 12:14:04 PM EST

Hello eelasser,

Thank you for the file, I will install this onto a test box I have and have a play.

0 Kudos
anirajstha
Level 7

Hello eelsasser,

Can PreConfig.7.3.2.3.0-16052.Beta-3.2014-01-05.backup.zip be used in MWG 7.4.+ version as well?

Thank you,

Niraj

0 Kudos
bornheim
Level 7

Hi randomeclipse,

also immensely helpful: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4818

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
btlyric
Level 12

As an add-on to eelsasser's sample config backup file, his Policy Viewer tool is an excellent resource.

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2110

This allows you to load up a backup file, a rule set, a list or a feedback file and view it without the need for a test MWG system. Although you cannot directly export rules, you can export all the files from the backup file and either view them in their xml format or import them into a test system.

0 Kudos