cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thetimelord
Level 7

GTI Cloud URL Database

Hi,

I've problems reaching the TrustSecure Cloud. In the logfiles there is the following error message:

[2015-06-01 10:08:16.629 +02:00] [URLPlugin] [TSNetDnsFailure] Warning: TS_NET_DNS_FAILURE was returned by CTrustedSourceLibProxy::TS_NetLookupConfigureInternal. GTI web database will recover from that problem.

[2015-06-01 10:08:16.945 +02:00] [URLPlugin] [TSNetDnsFailure] Warning: TS_NET_DNS_FAILURE was returned by CTrustedSourceLibProxy::TS_NetLookupConfigureInternal. GTI web database will recover from that problem.

[2015-06-01 10:16:25.152 +02:00] [URLPlugin] [TSTimeout] TrustedSource Connection timed out. In function 'CTrustedSourceLibProxy::TS_RateUrlExtended'.

[2015-06-01 10:16:25.152 +02:00] [ ERRORS LOG FLOOD - RELEASED ] 23 times within the last 4ms [B621A00BE3CFA46C][>>> [URLPlugin] [InternalError] 'Cannot fetch feedback result. Reason: Connection to cloud timed out.' <<<] [2015-06-01 10:16:25.152 +02:00] [URLPlugin] [InternalError] 'Cannot fetch feedback result. Reason: Connection to cloud timed out.'

This error we have since this morning.. can someone confirm that or can tell me which URL the proxy uses for reacing the cloudservice?

Br

0 Kudos
6 Replies
secnet500
Level 9

Re: GTI Cloud URL Database

Hello,

since today we have the same messages and speed issues.

Do you also have speed issues?

0 Kudos
thetimelord
Level 7

Yes.. when I've disabled "Use default server for online GTI web reputation...." the internet speed is "normal" again.. I think that McAfee has some serious problems with that cloud service!!

0 Kudos
secnet500
Level 9

many thanks for your answer.

We just talked with the support, the workaround is (as you wrote) to disable all settings relating to the GTI web reputation.

When the GTI Server works properly again, we will activate the GTI Settings again.

0 Kudos
thetimelord
Level 7

Great - thx.. please can you update that post when the services ar up an running again?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hello,

Please note that we have some cloud lookup issues with our GTI engine. Solution/Workaround for now is to disable the GTI lookups.

Disable in AV Filter:

Policy – Settings – Engines – Anti-Malware [your AV setting name]

- Expand the “Advanced Settings” and uncheck the option “Enable GTI file reputation queries”

Disable in URL Filter:

Policy – Settings – Engines – URL Filter [your URL Filter setting] – Rating Settings

- Uncheck first of all the option “Enable the Dynamic Content Classifier if GTI web categorization yields no result”

- Uncheck “Use online GTI web reputation and categorization services if local rating yields no result”

Once the main issue has been fixed we will update you with new details.

With kind regards,

Stefan Bluemel

McAfee Employee

The issue should be gone and was solved on the data-center side.

0 Kudos