cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force browser to bypass

I have some users who just dont listen to me when I tell them they need to bypass proxy when accessnig an internal site.  They just type in either the IP address or the FQDN and if the browser hanst been configured right it tries to connect via the proxy.  Is there a way I can send an instruction back to the browser to connect directly if its in a set URL or IP list.  Im using V7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBO
Level 9

Re: Force browser to bypass

Used a PAC file and GPO to configure the browser

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

You can't remotely tell the browser not to use a proxy (other than a centrally controlled PAC), but you can explicitly put a block message in that instructs the users to adjust their settings.

You can have a rule that is in IPrange list 10.0.0.0/8 or matches *.internaldomain.local

0 Kudos

We do use PAC files however the environemtn is so big and the IP address ranges so vast and I dont have any access to the PAC file (which is stupid) so i cant make any alterations to it.  It takes months to get something like that done i was hoping there would be an easier way.

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Make a rule set in your Global Whitelist that will Stop Cycle if it matches any of your internal IP addresses.  Do this by IP range.

See below...

.08-09-2011 08-12-10 AM.png

0 Kudos

But wouldnt the request still be perform by the proxy?  Your just telling it to not do any checks or scanning on the request.

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Well the only other way to tell a browser what to do it a .PAC file.

In that you will exclude your local subnets.

Good luck!

0 Kudos