Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suseven
Level 7

Flush DNS with command

Jump to solution

Hi,

i want to flush dns with command line (ssh or console) , how can i do this ?

any body know it ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Flush DNS with command

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

Currently we do not have a way to flush the DNS cache unfortunately. The DNS cache is hold in the memory used by MWG so a process restarts clears the cache (but interrupts the users, of course). For the underlying operating system I am not aware of any cache.

In the Configuration -> Proxy -> DNS section of the UI you have some more options for the DNS cache. If you see issues more often, probably you may want to reduce the maximum TTL.

If you can tell more about the problem, maybe there is another solution we can think about.

Best,

ANdre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

can you tell which product this is about? MWG version 6 or 7?

Thanks,

Andre

0 Kudos
suseven
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Asabban,

our product is MWG 7 (7.1.6)

thanks

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

Currently we do not have a way to flush the DNS cache unfortunately. The DNS cache is hold in the memory used by MWG so a process restarts clears the cache (but interrupts the users, of course). For the underlying operating system I am not aware of any cache.

In the Configuration -> Proxy -> DNS section of the UI you have some more options for the DNS cache. If you see issues more often, probably you may want to reduce the maximum TTL.

If you can tell more about the problem, maybe there is another solution we can think about.

Best,

ANdre

0 Kudos
suseven
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
itagsupport
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Andre

In the current MWG Main Release version 7.3.2.10 there is now the possibility to flush the DNS Cache.

In MWG Admin WebUI goto:

Configuration | Appliances | <gateway> | Proxies (HTTP(S), FTP, ICAP and IM) | DNS Settings | klick "Flush DNS Cache" button

I do not know when this feature was introduced.

Regards,

Tom E.

0 Kudos