Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belvincent
Level 9

Filter list of strings

Jump to solution

Hi,

I cannot find an easy answer to my problem.

Our MWGs filter the Internet access based on specific Active Directory OUs membership.

The OUs' names all begin with "WebFilter-" and I would like to filter Authentication.UserGroups to only keep these "WebFilter-" groups and remove the others (in a User-Defined variable for instance). We have to do this because there is a limit easily reached (1024 characters) in the number of characters that can be dealt with in Content Security Reporter database at the moment.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ifrank
Level 9

Re: Filter list of strings

Jump to solution

I would not log the entire list of group memberships but just populate a user-defined variable in the matching rule. Without knowing your rule structure it's hard to tell but let's assume you have a list of rules that match specific OU membership, you could add an event to each rule to just write the string you want to log into a user-defined property. Subsequently you need to modify the logging rules to pull that user-defined property instead of the Authentication.UserGroups.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ifrank
Level 9

Jump to solution

I would not log the entire list of group memberships but just populate a user-defined variable in the matching rule. Without knowing your rule structure it's hard to tell but let's assume you have a list of rules that match specific OU membership, you could add an event to each rule to just write the string you want to log into a user-defined property. Subsequently you need to modify the logging rules to pull that user-defined property instead of the Authentication.UserGroups.

0 Kudos
belvincent
Level 9

Jump to solution

That is a very good workaround. I need to rewrite a little bit how my policy works but this will a much easier work than finding a way to actually filter the list of strings of my OUs.

Thanks a lot ifrank!

0 Kudos