cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Faulty HardDisk from ARK that needs secure disposal

Hello support team, with reference to Ticket #:4-20500208355 (GEMS Incident No: 000000095804332) there was a faulty HDD has been replaced on WBG-4500-C . The HDD has been handovered to Expo-e support at Ark Data Center. could you please initiate a process of Secure Disposal of Faulty HDD". faulty HDD has been removed from "WBG-4500-C / INTEL R1304RPOSHBN / Serial # H0A0609121 for your reference.
2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Faulty HardDisk from ARK that needs secure disposal

Hello,

so far I know there are 2 ways. First is to send back the faulty part, second is to sign a specific paper to keep the faulty part to destroy it on your own on your side (because of sensitive information).

I am not 100% sure if there are any further ways. Therefore, I have contacted a colleague internally who might have the details. Once I have further information, I will update here.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Faulty HardDisk from ARK that needs secure disposal

Hi again,

I have to correct my last provided information a little.

I've got the information that HDD's are 100% not returnable anymore (for some time already). For the rest of the parts, a process is followed to make some decisions.

As mentioned before, in the past there was a certificate of destruction which needed to be signed by the customer in order to keep the faulty HDD but this is no longer the case.

So, customers should dispose the HDD as they see fit.

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community