Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 44

Re: False Positive BehavesLike.Win32.Dropper.nh NON-SENSE by McAfee-GW-Edition

Yeah that is the problem most of nsis developers face at the moment mostly with mcafee.

Highlighted

exactly. I agree with you Mcafee needs to take an action so we can create programs using nsis without having to white list each and every time. Empty Installer is the perfect example for this.

Highlighted

Thank you for this thread. I have started to face the same problem with NSIS installer on my computer. I have started a thread on the community in search of a solution

https://community.mcafee.com/message/355505#355505

Highlighted

Hello I have the same problem with NSIS used applications and I was redirected to this thread through another forum. I would like to know the status of this inquiry if possible

Highlighted

Empty pack is a perfect example to demonstrate how mcafee behaves with NSIS.

Highlighted

This is the latest analysis of Virus total on Empty Installer https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/755f5eb13371bf03b5e8d4398869e0b1a19b189b7214d8cfe516bda9b951748b/... almost every other AV is good.

Highlighted

Virus Total is a great tool to check detections. I can see that many AVs have white listed nsis used programs, yet mcafee to be taken an action.

Highlighted

What the owners of NSIS need to do is apply for their software to be cleared and then maybe everything else using it would automatically be cleared as a result.

Highlighted

NSIS software is cleared check the VT analysis - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7e5c203584c538205b345d91249fca8af03a8cf186c8c870a86374812d8103a5/...

Problem is with programs that use NSIS. They get detected only with Mcafee

Highlighted

It's a mystery.  I'm advised by my contact at the labs to advise people to keep submitting.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community