cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: False Positive BehavesLike.Win32.Dropper.nh NON-SENSE by McAfee-GW-Edition

Hi Troja,

Why would Mcafee is different in VT. In my opinion they can't make changes to virus guards itself. Yet again other virus guards are fine with it. I even saw on official NSIS website that they have mentioned, Mcafee detects them as a false positive 

Highlighted

Yes I have checked the site here is the URL NSIS False Positives - NSIS you can clearly see that all other antivirus guards has listed NSIS as safe still Mcafee needs to respond

Highlighted

Well good news, NSIS installer is no longer detected as a threat but the problem still persists with programs made using NSIS.

Highlighted

It is not just Mcafee but few other AVs as well detect programs made using nsis as possible threats.

Highlighted

As for the installer, I did escalate that to our AV team and they found the installer a false positive and whitelisted the file. As for any other files, I was not aware of these so I could not escalate them. If you want these escalated, you can follow the same steps that I used to have the file whitelisted. These steps are outlined in the following KB.

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Web Gateway: How to submit virus and anti-malware samples (false positives or...

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. We did submit the file to be escalated.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 27 of 44

Even if we submit the false possible report to one program that use NSIS and get it whitelisted, it is highly unlikely that we can go through the process to white list each and every program we make. Simple question is why other AVs have more sophisticated detection algorithm whilst Mcafee shows lack of interest on developers

Highlighted

There's also this form (may get better results)  Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 29 of 44

I have checked it and it is way more complicated comparing to the other one. However I doubt that we can follow same procedure each and every time we make a program.

Highlighted

Well I don't know of any other method, sorry.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community