cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svokac
Level 7

Factory reset for MWG 5000 (7.5.2)

Hello guys,

may I ask for the way how-to revert appliance to factory reset?

When I'm trying  "mwg-wizard  --full  -reset" is command complaining about wrong parameters.

As I can see from help this option is not available at all (not sure if this is news update in 7.5.2).

/usr/libexec/mwg-config/mwg-wizard --help

Usage: mwg-wizard [options]

-d, --debug                      debug mode

-h, --help                       this help

-s, --show                       show current storage

-i, --initial                    show initial global configuration folder

-p, --personal                   show personal global configuration folder

--uuid                       let mwg-wizard create the global config UUID folder

--sys                        let mwg-wizard copy the systemfiles

--create-default-config      create factory default configuration in   "default/initial"

Is some another way how to do it?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
bgartama
Level 9

Re: Factory reset for MWG 5000 (7.5.2)

Easiest way is to download the ISO and either burn it to a DVD or to make a Boot-able USB. Then Re-image the appliance.

svokac
Level 7

Seems to be easiest option. I would like ask one more think.

Appliance is already configured and I want to change IP address and name. I used "mwg-wizard" and I change both but after reboot is still using old configuration.

Is after using mwg-wizard needed to establish some additional step or command to activate new configuration? Or is some another supported way how-to change IP address and appliance name via commandline?

Thanks

0 Kudos
bgartama
Level 9

Ip changes should be handled via the GUI. If it is not changed via the gui, when the MWG reboots and loads the policy, it will change the ip to whatever is set in the gui configuration files. MWG-wizard is a tool that should be used only if support recommends it.

0 Kudos
svokac
Level 7

Thats actually the problem since web gui is currently configured to use IP from different range and because of that I can't reach it.

I have acces only to appliance console and i'm trying to change IP to the proper range si I can do the rest via gui.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

You can set the IP temporarily from the CLI until you get to the GUI:

# Change 'root' password:

passwd

# Temporarily set IP address (Set it permanantly Configuration > [Select your appliance] > Network):

ifconfig eth0 [DESIRED-IP]/[CIDR]

# Temporarily set default gateway (Set it permanantly Configuration > [Select your appliance] > Network):

ip route add default via [DEFAULT-GATEWAY-IP]

If you reboot any ip changes will be lost.

Best Regards,

Jon

svokac
Level 7

Perfect folks, temporary change of IP configuration was good approach.

Many thanks for your help, is really appreciated.

0 Kudos