cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinesh12b
Level 7

FTP over HTTP Proxy

Hi,

I am trying to do FTP over McAfee Proxy server. I am using HTTP GET method to get a list of the FTP directory.  The listed files are given to me embeeded in a HTML file. I don't like this way. In a program, i would have to parse this HTML file to get the file names and download the files.

Is there any library or something that i could use to get the file list like in the case of native FTP?

I would also like to delete the file in a remote FTP server. But the FTP over HTTP does not allow me to delete the file.

I am trying this through CURL.

curl -v -ftp.au.freebsd.org:21 -x http://proxy_server:80 (This gives me a list of files in the directory embedded in HTML)

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: FTP over HTTP Proxy

You are posting in home products and I think you need Enterprise support, can you advise what McAfee software it is so I can move the thread there please?

0 Kudos
dinesh12b
Level 7

Hi,

We are using McAfee Web Gateway.

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

I've moved this to  Business / Email and Web Security / Web Gateway for attention.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

This is how FTP over HTTP works, when the browser requests a HTTP request for an FTP resource, the Web Gateway must provide a rendering of the FTP data.

If you want a native FTP response, you should use the FTP proxy, this will also help with your goal to issue native FTP commands (such as delete).

To do this, there is no library, you just need to enable the FTP proxy under Configuration > Proxies.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
dinesh12b
Level 7

So it is not possible to do DELETE in FTP over HTTP.

0 Kudos
dshock
Level 9

Correct --- or upload. We have a great document outlining FTP over HTTP.

FTP over HTTP explained:

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4921

0 Kudos